Book your service
Wheel alignment is one of the primary services that we offer here at First Stop Auto Centre. We have state-of-the-art machinery to perform this essential service to perfection. As a driver, it is your responsibility to ensure that the wheels of your cars are perfectly aligned at all times, failing which the performance of your vehicle will not be up to the mark.
Now, wheel alignment is not the easiest thing to detect, not because it is incredibly complicated but because its signs are subdued and can be easily confused with other problems. As an experienced car service provider, we understand this predicament of drivers. So, a periodic check-up for wheel alignment Bilston is necessary to ensure the optimal performance of a car.
Let’s understand the basics of wheel alignment first so that you know exactly when to bring your car to our car service garage in Bilston.
Basics of wheel alignment
Wheel alignment refers to the angle of wheels relative to the street and its corresponding wheel. The ideal wheel alignment is when corresponding wheels are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the road. In simpler words, they should be perfectly straight.
When a car is new, its wheel alignment is perfect. However, it doesn’t stay that way for too long. Daily impact of the road, hitting curbs and potholes and the general bad condition of the streets distort the perfect angle.
You should visit First Stop Auto Centre. to get it fixed immediately. Our technicians will check the angle of misalignment accurately and take appropriate correctional measures.
There are three components of wheel alignment Wolverhampton that our technicians will check and fix.
- Camber: It is the angle of wheels when viewed from the front. A positive camber implies that the wheel is tilted outwards, while a negative camber means that it is tilted inwards.
- Toe: It is similar to camber, but when viewed from the top. Toe-in and toe-out refer to the inward and outward tilt, respectively.
- Caster: It is slightly different from the other two and refers to the angular tilt of the steering axis either away or towards the front of your car.
These are the angles that our technicians will adjust when you bring your car to our wheel alignment garage Bilston. Despite what it sounds like, wheel alignment adjustment has got nothing to do with wheels. It is an adjustment to your car’s suspension system, which directly controls the axles.
Benefits of maintaining correct alignment
To be honest, a slight misalignment is nothing to worry about. It’s near impossible to maintain perfect alignment over any significant period. Some drivers intentionally skew the alignment of their wheels to enhance specific attributes of their cars. It is especially prevalent in the racing community. A slight toe-in, for example, increases the drag of the wheels, which makes the car drift more. However, it comes at the cost of decreased tread life.
For an average driver, maintaining a perfect 4 wheel alignment Wolverhampton comes with several benefits.
- The tread wear rate remains steady and evenly distributed.
- You achieve the optimum fuel efficiency.
- The handling of your car enhances.
- Your car’s suspension system doesn’t undergo any additional stress, which prolongs its life.
When should you bring your car to our wheel alignment garage in Bilston?
We advise our clients to undergo a wheel alignment check every six months. It coincides with wheel balancing and tyre rotation schedules as well, so that you don’t have to visit a garage multiple times.
However, there are some signs that you should look out for misaligned wheels, which merit an immediate wheel alignment session at our garage.
- Uneven tread wear, especially at the edges
- Significant rise in fuel consumption
- Off-centre steering wheel
- A noticeable drag to any particular side
Avail superior wheel alignment service
First Stop Auto Centre is the first choice of countless Bilston drivers looking for exceptional car service. Visit our garage today and avail this service at unbelievable prices.
Call ahead for bookings or enquiries. We are open on all working days.